Utilizing a Rotary District Grant, ten Rotary Clubs financed a “Quiet Room” at the City of Phoenix’s Police Department Communications Bureau in south Phoenix. The room is used by dispatch and 911 call center operators as a place to decompress and regroup after handling traumatic calls. On September 17, 2019, the Quiet Room was dedicated and a press conference was held with Phoenix Mayor Kate Gallego and Phoenix Police Chief Jeri Williams.
- Here is a video of the press conference (starts at 4:00): https://youtu.be/6MaIcNthLqs
- Fox 10 reports: https://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/phoenix-911-dispatchers-to-get-new-quiet-room-to-decompress
- ABC 15 reports: https://www.abc15.com/news/region-phoenix-metro/central-phoenix/phoenix-911-dispatchers-to-get-new-quiet-room
- 12 News reports: https://www.12news.com/article/news/local/valley/911-dispatchers-phoenix-quiet-room-rotary-club/75-0247213f-2526-4283-86d3-bd340032851c
- Rotary District 5495 reports: https://rotary5495.org/stories/phoenix-police-department-quiet-room-dedication/